So around New Years when goals were exciting and there was hope for a good year full of doing stuff, I emailed Cubicle Dad asking him to bring back Weigh In Wednesdays (#wiw) so I could have a weight loss buddy. Due to some email confusion Dan got the email a few weeks ago, when I was eating a bag of Ruffles at my desk and my goals for weight loss were now buried under 74″ of snow.
For those of you who are not familiar with Dan’s blog, he’s the dude who ran the marathon in 2010 (just like me) and went on to do lots of other races (unlike me).
At first when I read his email I wanted to throw a chip at the screen. But alas! I must do something to get out of this winter funk, and I do not want to be sporting a mu-mu this summer, so I’m willingly taking part in Weigh in Wednesdays.
This is actually a pretty convenient time, seeing as its Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, a time where us Catholics get a redo on our New Years resolutions three months into the year.
I’m not bold enough as Dan to put my actual weight, but I can do a weekly weight loss chart.
Look! A Chart!
Here’s my goal for WIW:
1. Eat healthy (For me, it’s making lunch from home instead of ordering lunch all the time).
2. Don’t drink pop.
3. Exercise (For me, 3x a week, long run on the weekend to train for Soldier Field 10 in May).
Every week, I will check in and post results here. Interested in following along?
Here’s what you can do:
1. Post your weekly goals in the comments, I will call you out the following week to see how you’re doing.
2. Send me an email if you’re shy: email@example.com
3. If you have a fancy bracelet that tells you numbers of how much you moved, feel free to post those numbers as well. I’m on Nike+, although I haven’t posted any runs yet, as ConnieOReyes
I’m excited to be blogging my weight loss journey and hope to get some running posts up as the snow melts.
Good luck! Here is a random picture from Pinterest to get you motivated:
Love the goals! I’m aiming for the Half Marathon out in Shaumburg 5/18. My big goal is to lose 74 more pounds by the Chicago Marathon, which i’m hoping to PR at.
My other WIW goals…
1. Eat healthy, bring lunches to work, no fast food.
2. Run 3-4 times a week, including a long run on the weekends
3. Oh lord, I’m actually typing this…give up coffee. I may faint…or puke…why is the room spinning?!?!
I have a fancy wrist thingy, but it’s an UP24, I am on My FitnessPal though…cubicledad.
Woot! It’s on!
Woohoo! Go Connie! I’m not trying to lose weight, exactly, but I am trying to get into better shape. So if that counts somehow in this, count me in. Or else I’ll continue to be a cheerleader. 🙂
Also, I’m running the #SF10, too, and it will be amazing. Did it last year on my 30th birthday and it was one of my favorites! Probably because I could walk to the starting line in 10 minutes (just like the marathon) and home (unlike the marathon).
PS, that was me, Tracey. I didn’t mean to post anonymously!
Oh absolutely that counts! I meant to add that in that healthy living/doing people can totally be a part of this, thank you for the reminder!
I can’t wait for SF10, this is going to be Caitlyn’s first 10 miler- we’ll have to keep an eye out for you! =D
This is such a great idea! I currently wear gym clothes a lot but don’t usually make it to the actual gym. I probably burn calories getting into my sports bra, but still, it’s not enough. Glad to see you’re getting results!
Thanks!! This is the first week I was able to actually truly work out instead of just getting the flu, so of course I’m expecting instant results any day now. Thanks for reading!