When I look at my list of goals for 2013 I want to crawl in a hole and die. According to this list I did nothing! I’m still not a famous writer and I still don’t have rock hard abs. This sucks so much.
Because everyone loves a train wreck, le’ts review 2013 with this over the top list of goals, shall we?
* Get in to Grad School:
Ok. I did do this one. After months of cursing out the GMAT. You can actually read about my first class A here. So far so good!
* Complete 4 classes for my Master’s (MS in Market Analytics):
I did one class. I am signed up for 2 starting January 9th. Hopefully I can survive 2 at a time to move things along. FAIL.
* Do a unique/fun presentation:
Kinda? I did a yearly presentation that was required, but I did put a few twists in it. I will consider this one half done.
* Write 28 blog posts in 2013:
I wrote 17 this year including this post. That comes out to only 1.4 a month. FAIL.
* Grow readership for www.connieoreyes.com:
Hi mom? Why have you stopped reading? Was it something I said? FAIL.
* Give less awkward hugs:
Well there’s no one to hug because no one is reading this blog.
* Read at 3 different reading series:
I read at one. That counts as 1/3 of a point. FAIL.
* Write book:
I am up to chapter 4. Do they make 4 chapter books? FAIL.
* Write the first five chapters by May:
HAHAHAHAHAHA. *grabs beer out of fridge to cry into*
* Get book published:
* Do 25 crunches every day this year. (Going to use this to start the day and as a reminder for this list of goals.):
Okay this list is getting stupid now.
* Run Illinois half marathon in April. (Joined the gym!):
Quit gym. Quit walking. Currently eating Christmas cookies.
* Run fun races (Color Run, Zombie Run, Cinco de Miler, Turkey, Santa, etc.):
I did it! I ran the Ditka Dash in December! Woo! *steps off ledge*
* Learn to swim 1 mile
* Get to goal weight
*floats to top because did not reach goal weight*
* Better eye contact
* Only go to Starbucks twice a month
* Only buy lunch at work twice a month
* Save $$$
Dumbest.2014 Goals will be written tomorrow. I think I will keep my expectations a bit lower by starting with things like “breathing” and “watching TV.” Happy New Year! See you in 2014! Out.